While contemporary and traditional kitchens are still the most popular choice for homes across the UK, the rustic kitchen is a strong contender. Rustic kitchen design is associated with country farmhouses and rural charm. But the mixture of materials and textures, as well as the neutral tones, have made this kitchen a contender for even the most modern homes. So what are the advantages of rustic kitchen design? And would this be a good fit in your home? Well, here at MLS Kitchens, we are Manchester’s leading kitchen design professionals. We offer something to suit every home and every design scheme. As a result, we have produced this guide to why you should consider a rustic kitchen.
What is rustic kitchen design?
Rustic kitchen design is characterized by a few key features, including:
- wooden cabinets and hard wood worktops
- natural stone floors, or stone effect tiling
- a large oven or Aga
- an apron sink
- warm or neutral colours
What are the advantages of rustic kitchen design?
So, why should you consider this design? Well, there are a number of potential benefits, including:
- Neutral and natural materials- using neutral and natural materials in the home can create a welcoming and warm environment that has personality and character.
- Use your own design skills- a rustic kitchen offers more opportunity for your to put your own mark on the kitchen, and create something personal and functional for your individual requirements. Painted cabinets and patterned tiles for example can be used effectively in a rustic kitchen.
- Storage- rustic kitchens can provide additional storage in the form of exposed shelving or pan hooks which fit with the decor. This means you can have more cupboard and drawer space free for food and crockery.
For more information or advice about a new rustic kitchen suit for your home, get in touch with the team today, here at MLS Kitchens.