What is concealed kitchen storage?
Concealed kitchen storage involves hiding draws or shelf space in a range of different places. This can include:
- Pull out shelving- pull out shelving is often very narrow, and is positioned between the end of the unit and the wall, or in any narrow space around the kitchen. This is also known as a pull out larder, as it is often only large enough to store jars, tins, spices.
- Concealed draws- Hiding draws within a tall kitchen cabinet can help create a stylish, streamlined contemporary feel to any kitchen. This is because instead of having many draws, with handles and clear divides, these are hidden instead behind a stylish cabinet door. This ensures that your kitchen has plenty of storage, while still meeting the aesthetic demands of the space.
- Storage benches or seating- some kitchen seating options can also double as storage options with the seat lid being removed to reveal a trunk for storing large and bulky kitchen items.
What are the advantages of concealed kitchen storage?
There are many advantages to choosing concealed storage for your kitchen. These advantages include:
- Saving space- concealed storage can help to save space in your kitchen, including worktop space, and space within traditional storage areas. This is because concealed storage is generally additional storage, that can improve kitchen practicality.
- Stylish results- concealed storage can offer stylish results for any kitchen. While many contemporary kitchens use concealed storage for streamlined and straight edges, traditional kitchens can also benefit from this as long as the right type of cabinets are used.
For more information or advice, why not get in touch with the team today, here at MLS Kitchens?